Schools and Academies
If you are looking for a team of reliable, approachable and dynamic accountants who will do much more than simply making sure you are ticking the right regulatory boxes, you have come to the right place. Our aim is to work closely alongside you to help you create and sustain success.
Services we offer
Working in partnership with People and Pay Services Limited, we are specialist advisers delivering a comprehensive, yet personalised payroll service to schools, academies and other educational institutions with headcounts ranging from five to more than 200.
We work collaboratively and productively, providing a seamless HR and Payroll service to the Lancashire education sector, and pride ourselves on our outstanding customer care.
Together, we have a wealth of experience in dealing with local authorities, TPS, LGPS and all they involve, for example Kiddi-vouchers and cycle schemes.
We are one of only a few Payroll providers with a BACS Bureau Licence in Lancashire. So, if you require a dedicated HR and Payroll team of reliable and proactive professionals committed to enabling you to run a smooth and cost-effective operation, we are absolutely on the same page.
What You Need To Do…
Simply call us and ask for the payroll manager for schools. We will then talk you through the whole process. It’s really not as scary as you might think.
A designated individual will be assigned to work with you and will guide you through the details of everything you need to do and know.
Schools need to be, or become an ‘own-bank-account’ organisation. However, if you aren’t already in control of your own account, we can guide you through that procedure too.
Security & Confidentiality Assured!
From the get-go, we will ensure your Service Level Agreement (SLA) is already agreed, and that you know exactly what the fees will be. In this way, you can manage your budget effectively.
We take care of everything
As a comprehensive HR and Payroll service provider, we will take care of your every need, leaving nothing to chance. Our wide-ranging areas of expertise include:
- Identifying individual employees’ pay-rates by referring to salaries documentation and/or contracts of employment
- Recognising salary increments and increases
- Calculating all types of salary deductions, such as income tax, national insurance, pension contributions, student loan repayments, attachments of earnings, Unison subscriptions, and childcare costs
- Processing holiday pay deductions and payments, as instructed by you
- Providing payroll reports for financial management purposes and reconciling to budgets analysed by departments, as specified by you
- Delivering monthly paper security payslips and a pdf copy to the SBM
- Preparing all forms, including P45 for leavers
- Arranging full payment submissions on a monthly basis to HMRC as required by RTI regulations
- Submitting monthly and annual pension return forms
- Managing BACS files for the transmission of net salaries, PAYE, pension contributions and other payments from your bank account
- Ensuring full compliance with all elements of auto-enrolment legislation
All this will be done within a safe, secure and controlled environment.
For quality assurance and control and as part of compliance with BACS control procedures, each monthly payroll is subjected to final authorisation by Julie McDonald, FCCA, Practice Manager.
Other team members are also trained to ensure all administration is completed accurately and on time.
As an approved BACS bureau, we are required to meet meticulous quality requirements developed by BACS.
In April 2013 Ashton Community Science College changed HR and Payroll provider having become disillusioned with our current provider. We were looking for:
- A company that thought that “the customer comes first”
- We wanted a named contact, not a large faceless organisation who had no idea about our school
- Detailed knowledge of payroll
- Prompt processing of salaries
Douglass Grange ticked all these boxes and I am delighted to say more! The DG team are professional, friendly and most importantly approachable, nothing is too much trouble. I am so impressed that I would recommend them “without reservation”.
Business and Premises Development Director
Ashton Community Science College
In terms of feedback on the first month, I cannot speak highly enough of what you have provided. I mean that. The service has been better than I could have hoped. Sincere thanks for all that you have done and continue to do. We are most grateful.
Finance and Business Manager
The Hollins Technology College
…my thanks for the service you have delivered for us since taking over the payroll in April last year. It has run smoothly and the service provided by your team has been excellent. Many thanks.
Mr P Gabriel
Lancaster Road Nursery
If you are looking for a team of reliable, approachable and proactive accountants who will do more than just respond to your needs but work alongside you to help you succeed you have come to the right place.Get in touch